A family from Virginia is incredibly grateful to their local fire department for rescuing their beloved dog who had gotten stuck inside a wall.

While playing, their child took off the cover from a vent, and that’s how their small pooch tumbled into their HVAC system.¬†Failing to save the canine themselves, the owners called on the Fairfax County Fire and Rescue Department for assistance.

Mark Williams and six of his colleagues arrived at the residence and promptly assured the anxious family that they will do everything they can to ensure that the pooch will come out safe and sound.

After all, as Williams explained, the canine had been a part of the household for 14 years. He’s not just a pet; he’s a member of the family. Thus, the dog’s safety was at the forefront of the fire crew’s concerns.

Williams and his fellow firefighters made good on their word. They were far from being experts on HVAC systems, but they did their best and planned the rescue carefully.

The rescuers knew that simply reaching in and grabbing the pooch would not work. The owners had already tried that, and the animal was trapped so tightly that they merely succeeded in pushing him farther down the vent.

So the firefighters went downstairs into the basement and measured the extent of the home’s HVAC system to calculate the point at which they were to extract the pooch.

Finally, Williams used a drywall cutter to create a small hole in the ceiling of the basement closet, making sure the blade didn’t touch the dog. The firefighter then gently pulled the canine out and handed him to the worried owner.

Williams shares that he’s happy that the family trusted the Fairfax County Fire and Rescue Department enough to know that they were capable of getting the dog safely out of the narrow vent.

Watch the moment Williams pulls the pooch from the hole in the video below:

Source: Inside Edition on YouTube

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here